Please note, as of April 1st 2019 this module is no longer be available in-class, online or through Home Study – it is now an online e-Learning module available at www.thelocker.coach.ca for only $20.
After completing NCCP Sport Nutrition, coaches will be able to:
- Explain the basic nutritional needs of an athlete.
- Take appropriate measures to ensure that athletes stay hydrated during exercise.
- Educate athletes on the use of nutritional supplements and sports drinks.
- Encourage a positive body image in athletes.
- Identify the different types of disordered eating.
- Support athletes with special nutritional needs.
- Identify common food allergies and intolerances.
- Provide accurate guidance to athletes and their parents or caregivers on nutrition before, during and after exercise.
- Provide accurate nutritional guidance to athletes and their parents or caregivers before and during travel.
Click the image below for more information on how to take the new NCCP Sport Nutrition E-module: